Princeton roof cleaning is a very important part of home maintenance, and may be the most important part of roof maintenance. Keeping your roof clean prevents decay, which could lead to expensive repairs or even a complete replacement of your roofing. Roof cleaning will extend the lifespan of your roof and help the roof stay more functional for a longer period of time. Roof cleaning contractors are available all over the Princeton NJ area, and each of them have their own preferred methods and tools. So how do you decide on cleaning your roof? Below are some things to know:
Princeton Roof Cleaning | Be Wary of DIY:
DIY roof cleaning certainly exists, and with the proper methods, tools, and cleaning products, an able homeowner can do an adequate job. But before you decide that this is your preferred method, make sure you look at all the facts.
- When you’re purchasing cleaning products, find a company you know you can trust to buy from. Look for a company that supplies multiple formulas and also offers preventative solutions.
- Remember: there’s no easy way to get your roof cleaned. Set aside at least a full afternoon, and be ready to work no matter what sort of cleaners you’ve bought for the job.
- If you use the right chemicals, proper procedures, and rinsing techniques, you can count on the chemicals not doing any damage to your shingles or your landscape.
Princeton Roof Service | Roof Algae Is More than Just an Eye Sore:
Having algae on your roof is an unattractive attribute. However, it’s more than that, and it’s not something you can put off taking care of. Roof algae is a living thing, and it’s feeding off of your shingles (actually, it’s feeding off of a limestone filler commonly used in shingle production). If it’s not taken care of, it will take years off of the life of your roofing. If your roof isn’t cleaned regularly, especially if the algae is visibly noticeable, it can lead to rapid deterioration of your shingles, which has a few effects:
- Since your shingles help block UV rays, you’ll drop in your home’s energy efficiency and steep rise in your AC bills.
- You’ll have to replace your roofing much sooner than you should need to, and that can cost thousands.
Mercer County Roof Cleaning | Not An Overpriced Service:
On the contrary, roofing contractors typically charge a fair price, especially considering the aforementioned cost of roof replacements. Roof cleaning typically runs about $200-800, and the average cost is about $476. Considering the importance of the service, plus the amount you’ll end up spending without it, it’s well worth the cost of hiring a professional.
Central NJ Roof Cleaning | Algae Isn’t Always Visible:
In its earliest stages of development, algae is completely invisible. So even if your roof appears to be okay, there’s a chance that the best time to have it cleaned is now. This is one of the reasons that professional roofers recommend you have a roof inspection around once every three years. The earlier you’re able to catch the problem, the better it is for your roofing. Many homeowners may decide to spot clean their roof, but algae could be effecting your entire roof even it’s only visible in spots. It’s always a good idea to take preventative measures, and to have a cleaning be as thorough as possible when it is done.
Roof Cleaning in Princeton | Two Methods of Cleaning:
The two main methods for roof cleaning are:
- Pressure Washing: in which highly pressurized water is sprayed on the roof to remove any mold, algae, dirt, or grime, and
- Chemical Cleaning: sometimes called Soft Washing, in which chemicals are the main thing that are removing those harmful things from your roof.
Each of these methods has their strengths and their own shortcomings. Pressure washing is very effective, but may be best for metal or concrete roofs. There is a chance that the pressurized water could damage your shingles. Of course, some chemicals can harm your roof as well, and the runoff could cause problems with your landscape or parts of your home. But if the contractor knows what they’re working with, they should be able to find the right balance of effectiveness without harming any parts of your property.
Looking for the Best Princeton Roof Cleaning Contractor?
Bearclaw Home Services has been serving the Mercer County, NJ area for many years. Roof cleanings maintain the integrity of your roof and prevents premature replacement by eliminating algae, moss and other items. You will add instant curb appeal to your home and business. We use an eco-friendly cleaning solution that is safe for people, pets, plants and property. At Bearclaw Home Services, our workers are highly trained to operate our equipment and our equipment is designed to be safe yet effective at cleaning your home. Contact Bearclaw Home Services today to request a risk-free assessment for your business or home. Let’s get your roof looking good as new! For more information, call us today at (609)882-1688 or visit the website.